Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel
Verisure Denmark is seeking a talented Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel with a strong commercial mindset, with interest in and knowledge of Consumer law, Marketing law, Privacy and a passion for Compliance to join our growing and successful Danish business.
The Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel will be a member of the Danish legal team and report to the Legal Director. The Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel will also be part of the North Cluster with close cooperation between the team colleagues in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany and the Netherlands. The role is based in Copenhagen.
The role is expected to deliver impact quickly, and the right candidate will have the opportunity to develop as the business grows. It is an exciting opportunity for a legal counsel / Senior Legal Counsel to deliver value through innovative and leading-edge legal thinking, impactful regulatory advocacy and leadership in building trust with customers and key stakeholders for sustainable business growth.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast pace, agile, international and entrepreneurial business environment and will be a key player and work closely with the teams across primarily the Danish business functions (including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Business Development and Human Resources).
Advising in a wide range of legal areas across the business with focus on following:
Marketing: Support the marketing team by creating innovative solutions to convey the Business to Consumer. Review of marketing materials, claims, and other customer facing material and specific focus on marketing consents
Consumer: Supporting the business units with customer facing cases and legal aspects
Privacy: Interact on privacy related topics together with the Danish and Nordic privacy teams
Regulatory: Monitor key regulatory and legal trends relevant for the business
Compliance: Design and implement compliance programs. Planning, implementing, and conducting compliance training to the business units
Product compliance: Support on product compliance and product launches
Ad hoc matters
Scope of responsibilities may develop and be extended depending on your current qualifications and development.
If you see yourself as a thought leader with an innovative, positive and grounded ‘can-do’ personality, you will really like it with Verisure! When we look for candidates, experience is of course a valuable asset and will be appreciated, but the right mindset is even more important than a certain number of years worked!
Experiences and Qualifications
We see this role as critical for the achievement of Verisure’s continued business growth in Denmark!
- LLM / Cand.Jur /HA.Jur
- The ideal candidate will have experience with and strong knowledge of Marketing law, Consumer law, Privacy and Compliance
- Demonstrated experience of critically analyzing existing and forthcoming regulation to understand and anticipate possible impact on Company products, services and business operations.
- Strong track record of impactful project management, drafting and presentation.
- Prior relevant experience with e.g. law firm or in-house will be an asset, ideally in a consumer facing business
- Fluency in Danish and English language.
- Ability to advise on complex legal matters in simple and concise terms
- Natural commercial mindset, with a pragmatic and innovative approach to legal challenges
- High level of judgment, decision-making, integrity and discretion.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Reliable and resourceful with solution-minded legal advice
- Implementation of compliance activities in line with company strategy
- Team player and thought leader with the ability to influence and collaborate across various business functions, Marketing, Sales, Operations etc.
Strong fit with our Company DNA
- Passionate in Everything We Do: Our people have a sense of energy that is unmistakable, one that drives us to delight our customers and focus on creating impact quickly.
- Committed to Making a Difference: When we say we will do something; we deliver with excellence. We are accountable, focused and operate with discipline.
- Always Innovating: We believe that Innovation can be big or small; it’s a continuous state of mind that inspires us to think differently and always make things better. We are risk takers and we learn continuously.
- Winning as a Team: Our people know that by leveraging one another’s strengths, investing in and developing our team’s capability and by collaborating well, we will win.
- With Trust & Responsibility: Operating with integrity is core to our success. We are humble, honest and value deep mastery and expertise. We do the right thing, always.
The Global Legal Team
Our global combined legal, compliance, privacy and regulatory advocacy and public affairs team consists of over 100 lawyers and other professionals across the organization that come from 18 countries, representing four continents, with a strong gender balance across all levels of the team, including in the Group legal management team. We are well-integrated, working closely together across countries as well as the organization to leverage each other’s experience, to develop best practices, and to deliver our colleagues seamless, best-in-class legal partnership.
We are currently on a digital transformation journey, integrating AI and other digital solutions into how we operate, led by our Group Legal Operations Manager reporting into the Group CLO.
Ready to bring your talents to Verisure and join us in making a difference? Apply today!
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact HR Business Partner, Marcel Worm-Marquardtsen at Marcel.Worm-Marquardtsen@verisure.com
We will continuously review applications and conduct interviews, so we encourage you to apply for the position today.
At Verisure, our mission is to take full responsibility to protect what matters most, offering safety and security for all. We believe that this is best achieved when we have talented employees who contribute with diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We are committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion, and we encourage everyone, regardless of their background, culture, gender, age, or experience, to apply and become a part of our winning team. We are #people protecting people, and together, we are stronger in bringing peace of mind to our customers.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Verisure, our people do something amazing every day. By protecting what matters most, we change lives for the better. We are the leading European provider of professionally monitored security systems with 24/7 response services, present in 17 countries in Europe and Latin America. More than 5 million families and businesses rely on our innovative technology and people to protect what matters most to them. We integrate product development, design, sales, installation services and a 24/7 professional monitoring solution. We have a track-record of continuous growth, as well as exciting plans to continue expanding, transforming, and leading the market into the future.
Our success depends on our people, and we invest in them every day. Working with Verisure is being part of an industry leading world-class company that has a strong entrepreneurial spirit.